- GreenWorks 2000219 40V 12″ Cordless Chainsaw
- BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 40V MAX Lithium Ion Chainsaw, 12″
- WORX 16-Inch 14.5 Amp Electric Chainsaw with Auto-Tension, Chain Brake, and Automatic Oiling
- Husqvarna 450 18-Inch 50.2cc X-Torq 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chain Saw With Smart Start
- Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw, 16″
A chainsaw is an essential tool if you have trees that need pruning and felling or you need to gather firewood for the winter season. Chainsaws are powerful power tools that make short work of these laborious and time consuming tasks and therefore represent a much better alternative to a standard hand saw. However, some modern chainsaws on the market today can be very expensive and therefore, if you are on a limited budget, you may be wondering where you can find the best chainsaw under 500.
A cheaper chainsaw is also usually a better option if you are unlikely to use the tool very frequently, or if you only have a small garden or yard, as one of the lower cost, lighter weight models is likely to suit your purposes much better than an expensive, heavy duty machine. Despite their low cost, many of these budget models are still extremely robust, powerful and efficient at cutting wood.
Here, you can find helpful and detailed reviews to help you choose the best chainsaw under 500 to suit your individual requirements. With our comprehensive information, you are certain to be able to make an informed decision about the perfect product to fit the bill.
If you have a small yard and only require a chainsaw for light or infrequent usage, this cordless chainsaw with a chain length of 12 inches is perfect. Produced by the GreenWorks brand, this model features an electric start for convenience and speed in all conditions and weathers.
With no cord, no oil and no gas refills to worry about, this machine is ideal for those who are looking for a low maintenance option which results in no mess, spills or ongoing expenses. T
his is also a very quiet running chainsaw, making it a good choice for anyone who has concerns about disturbing their neighbors when working outdoors, and as it produces fewer vibrations than a gas chainsaw, it is much more comfortable to use. It only weight just over 11 lbs, and this makes it lightweight enough for most users to handle with ease, especially when compared to larger models which can have a lot of kickback.
- Electric start functions effectively in all weather conditions
- Low maintenance and no ongoing expense for gas
- Quiet operation for low noise levels
- Lightweight at just over 11 pounds
- Reduced vibrations for better comfort
- Battery operation means that the user must wait for recharging to finish before returning to work
- Short chain length makes this chainsaw only suited to light duty tasks
With all the convenience of having no cord, the LCS1240 lithium ion chainsaw from the popular and well known Black & Decker brand is extremely lightweight and portable, allowing the user to effortless manoeuvre and manipulate the tool.
Powerful and with high performance, this machine has a 12 inch chain and bar which allows for speedy and efficient cutting through logs and wood and which also offers the convenience of tool free chain tensioning for ease of use.
With its automatic oiling system, there is minimal maintenance required with this chainsaw, and the bar and chain are consistently primed and ready to go. This model also features a full wrap-around handle to enable the most comfortable cutting in every direction. As this machine also has a low kickback bar and chain, it is also safer and simpler to use and produces less vibration than similar gas powered models without losing any of its efficiency.
- Tool free chain tensioning for extra convenience
- Automatic lubrication
- Cordless of extra portability
- Lightweight and comfortable handling
- Must be recharged between uses
- Best suited to lighter duty cutting tasks
This durable, dependable and lightweight chainsaw from WORX is robust and yet easy to handle while remaining powerful enough to quickly perform a range of easy tasks around the home or yard from trimming trees to chopping firewood.
As it is electrically operated, it produces no unpleasant fumes or harmful emissions and has none of the added hassle or expense associated with refilling a gas-powered machine.
Designed with the user’s safety in mind, this model has an inbuilt chain brake for no kickback and the over-molded rubber rear handle is paired with a fully wrapped front handle for better comfort and control for the user.
This model also features automatic chain oiling so that there is no need to manually lubricate the moving parts. This WORX saw also has an automatic chain tensioner to ensure the security and tightness of the chain every time it is used, guaranteeing the product a longer lifespan due to the elimination of the possibility of over-tightening.
- No emissions or fumes are produced
- Safety chain brake is integrated
- Automatic chain tensioning for longer lifespan
- Automatic lubrication for the chain
- Ergonomically designed handles for better comfort
- Must be plugged into an electrical socket and therefore requires extension leads to operate at a distance
- Can experience oil leakage
Designed by a well-known and high quality brand, Husqvarna, this 18 inch chainsaw is perfect for DIYers and homeowners, whether they are regularly users of this tool or frequently cut wood on their land.
Thanks to its Smart Start technology, starting this model up is a breeze under any conditions, and its ergonomic design ensures better comfort for the user as well as greater control.
Thanks to the X-Torq engine, there are much lower levels of emissions produced and the centrifugal air cleaning system allows for fewer air filter cleans to be carried out while prolonging the life of the engine.
Delivering a horsepower of 3.2, this is the ideal tool for handling medium duty tasks and has been built to endure through years of regular use thanks to its 3 piece crankshaft which has been created for improved durability.
With a lightweight frame, user fatigue is reduced and the anti-vibration dampeners integrated into the design spare hands and arms from discomfort while allowing for longer periods of use. Purchasers are even protected by a two year manufacturer’s warranty for complete peace of mind.
- Tool-less chain tensioning is extra convenient for the user
- Inertia activated chain brake helps reduce the likelihood of injury due to kickback
- Distinct marks for better felling precision
- No noticeable drawbacks
This powerful electric chainsaw from the popular Makita brand features a 16 inch chain allowing for rapid cutting and enough power to cut through thicker woods.
Engineered specifically for more efficient operation and low maintenance, this electrically powered model eliminates the need to deal with the hassle of messy and expensive gas refills without losing any of the power.
The chain speed can reach 2900 FPM to ensure efficient trimming and the motor is protected from burning out thanks to the inbuilt current limiter.
An electric chain brake also ensures the user’s safety and guarantees maximum productivity. Another convenient feature is the automatic chain oiler which ensures consistent lubrication levels for a longer product lifespan.
This saw also features ergonomically designed rubberized grip handles for improved user comfort and a large trigger switch which offers a soft start to ensure a smooth and fast start up every time, regardless of weather conditions.
- 2900 FPM for fast and efficient trimming
- Soft start up
- Ergonomically designed handles for better user comfort
- Automatic chain oiler
- Low maintenance
- Must be plugged into an electrical outlet and is therefore less portable than some other models