- Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter
- Digital Multimeter, Crenova MS8233D Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 101 Basic Digital Multimeter Pocket Portable Meter Equipment Industrial
- INNOVA 3340 Automotive Digital Multimeter (10 MegOhm/UL)
- TRMS Digital Multimeter eM860T by ennoLogic
The digital multimeter is an incredibly useful tool that you can use to measure ohms, volts and amps and to test circuits. These lightweight, compactly dimensioned pieces of equipment can be used to test electronic components in a wide range of situations and this makes the use of one indispensable if you are testing or repairing an electrical system.
Digital multimeters are also ideal for testing car batteries, so if you are a keen home mechanic on a budget who wants to save money by carrying out work yourself instead of taking your vehicle into a garage, investing in one of these tools is a cost effective solution. Although there are many expensive multimeters on the market, there are still plenty of affordable machines which are well within the reach of anyone on a low budget.
If you are looking for the best digital multimeter under 100, you will want to choose one that is as accurate as possible with a higher main voltage rating than any circuit which you intend to test. Some of the best models are also capable of taking other measurements such as capacitance, temperature and frequency. If you are looking for the best digital multimeter under 100, we have listed the top 5 performing machines on the market so that you can make an informed choice.
Ideal for all kinds of circuit testing purposes from automotive uses to home electrical appliances, this practical tool is designed for use by hobbyists and electricians alike.
Simple to operate, it boasts a number of features for measuring voltage, resistance and current as well as carrying out diode, transistor and continuity testing.
This model features a low battery indicator for ease of use as well as inbuilt overload protection for better user safety. Thanks to its tough outer rubber sleeve it is well protected from any accidental falls or drops making it ideal for use on even the toughest jobs.
With its data hold function, it is easy to record the measurements while the LCD backlight makes measurements easier to see and to read. To make using this tool even easier, there is an integrated support stand which allows for convenient hands free use.
- Integrated support stand for hands-free use
- Inbuilt low battery indicator and LCD backlight
- Tough rubber cover to protect against drops and falls
- The base is rounded making it difficult to balance
- Supplied instructions are not clear
This auto-ranging digital multimeter is ideal for taking all kinds of general measurements in homes, factories and schools.
Easy to use, it features a convenient auto-ranging operation which allows the user to easy choose the right range of measurements when working on a range of components including main electrical sources and small electronics.
The easy to read screen and labels make this an easy machine to use while its inbuilt overload protection helps to protect the user effectively. T
his multimeter also features an LCD display with a backlight to make the reader clearer and its data hold function ensures that the user has time to record the measurements. This model also features an automatic turn off to save the battery when not in use.
- LCD display with integrated backlight for better visibility
- Auto-ranging operation for ease of use
- Automatic switch off function to save on battery life
- Comes supplied without a battery
- Backlight times out quickly
Ideal for both electrical professionals and amateur hobbyists alike, this digital multimeter from Fluke offers accurate and reliable measurements while still being compact and lightweight enough at just 160 grams to fit comfortably into the hand.
Its rugged construction is designed to withstand many years of rigorous daily use and yet it comes with an affordable price tag. Its automatic power saving mode helps to increase battery life with its auto-ranging operation makes testing quicker and simpler.
The integrated data hold function makes recording measurements a breeze while the inbuilt magnetic strap has been specially designed to make this instrument simple to carry from jobsite to jobsite. This model has a basic accuracy of 0.5% and has been CAT III 600 V safety rated for the customer’s complete peace of mind.
- Integrated magnetic strap for conveniently portability
- Weighs just 160 grams for easy single handed transportation and use
- Automatic power saving mode to extend battery life
- Continuity beeper is quite quiet
- The LCD screen has no backlight and is therefore more difficult to read
Designed for automotive use, the Innova 3340 multimeter can also be used for a number of household circuit testing applications. Made to professional quality standards, this multimeter is ideal for pinpointing engine problems and its inclusive temperature probe measures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
This tool also measures vehicle RPM and inductive RPM pickup and its auto-ranging function makes it a breeze to use. Designed to be used hands free with an integrated wrist strap and stand, this machine also features an automatic shut off feature to preserve battery life, reverse polarity protection and overload protection for the user’s better safety.
Its hold button can save retrieved data while the corner guards offer rugged and durable protection against damage from accidental drops and falls. The screen and labels are also easy to read on this UL certified tool.
- Integrated stand and wrist strap to allow for convenient hands free use
- Rugged and durable corner guards to protect against any accidental damage from falls or drops
- Inclusive temperature probe for measuring in Celsius and Fahrenheit
- The LCD display is not backlit which makes it more difficult to read
- Does not come supplied with test lead alligator clips so these must be purchased separately
This multipurpose professional quality multimeter is ideal for use across a range of electronic projects including for automotive and home electrical use.
Capable of accurately measuring resistance, current, boltage, temperature, capacitance, duty cycle and frequency, it features an easy to read large digital display with six thousand counts for better accuracy.
Its data hold function allows for easy recording of measurements while the auto ranging facility makes this an easy tool to use. The LCD screen has a bright back light which lasts for 15 seconds to make reading measurements more convenient.
There is also a useful automatic switch off function to preserve battery life. This model also features an audible continuity check as well as heavy duty, durable housing with a protective sleeve made from rubber to protect against accidental drops. This model also comes with a carry case to make transportation between job sites and storage between tasks even easier.
- Integrated backlight in the LCD screen to make reading measurements even easier
- Automatic switch off function to preserve battery life
- Comes with its own carrying case to make storage and transportation a breeze
- The backlight auto shut-off feature cannot be disabled and may be too short a time for some people’s requirements
- Difficult to install a replacement battery due to a poor compartment design