- Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
- Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
- Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
- Sunex 6602LP Lowrider Service Jack, 2-Ton
- JEGS Performance Products 80006 Professional Low-Profile Aluminum Floor Jack
Whether you are a professional mechanic or a keen DIYer who wants to save money by carrying out your own car repairs at home, you will probably require a floor jack to safely lift your vehicle in order to allow you to see under the vehicle and to carry out the necessary work in a safe environment.
If you have a low profile car such as a sports car, you will need to invest in a low profile floor jack in order to accommodate the low ride height of your vehicle. The best low profile floor jack is one that has plenty of safety features as well as a very strong and robust construction for a long lifespan and extra durability. A jack that can be easily maneuvered into position and which can lift at least 2 tons is a good value purchase.
If you are looking for the best low profile car jack, we have compiled a selection of the top five performing products on the market today from some of the leading manufacturers, and have outlined all of their main specifications and features so that you can make an informed choice and select the perfect product to meet your individual requirements.
The Pro-Lift F-767 low profile floor jack has a two ton capacity and is ideal for gaining improved access to low ground clearance vehicles like sports cars.
It also boasts an impressive lifting range from 3.5 inches right up to 14 inches for greater flexibility of use. This jack can fit easily under a clearance of just 3.5″ and it is easy to maneuver into place for greater user convenience.
Thanks to its robust heavy duty steel construction, this jack also has a very long lifespan and increased durability for extended workshop use. This model also features a patented bypass device which guards against accidental over pumping while its in-built safety valve offers increased protection against overloads for better user safety. This model is ideal for use by the home mechanic and is protected by a 90 day manufacturer’s warranty for complete peace of mind for the purchaser.
- Excellent safety protections against over pumping and overload
- Heavy duty steel construction for durability and increased lifespan
- Lifting range from 3 1/2″ to 14 Inches
- Releases the vehicle quite quickly
- Short handle means that pumping takes longer
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
This low profile jack from Pittsburgh Automotive has a total lift capacity of 3 tons for greater versatility of use.
Allowing for easier placement under custom vehicles, this model also features extra wide casters which increase the jack’s stability while increasing its lifespan due to their strong steel construction.
This tool has been manufactured to industrial quality, making it suitable not only for domestic automotive enthusiasts for also for professional garage use. With its Rapid Pump exclusive dual parallel pump system, it is able to lift even heavy vehicles with considerably fewer pumps and reduced user effort, while its universal joint release ensures precise load control whatever the handle position.
The handle is in 2 pieces and is made from knurled steel for an extra sure grip while the foam bumpers ensure that no damage is incurred to the vehicle during use. The construction is super tough precision welded and the finish is to an industrial grade, showing the high quality of this product. This jack can lift vehicles up to around 2 feet from the ground while its low profile reaches under the majority of show cars.
- Dual parallel pump system for reduced user effort
- Extra wide steel casters for stability
- Universal joint release for precise load control
- Handle is hard and therefore can be painful to use for extended periods
- Saddle is quite small
This garage jack from Powerzone has a 3 ton capacity and a lift range from 4″ right up to 18 1/4″. Made from lightweight aluminum, this jack is easier to lift and maneuver and has even better portability, making it a good choice to keep inside a vehicle in case of on the road emergencies.
It heavy duty steel lift arm ensures increased durability and strength when its quick lifting hydraulic system saves the user time.
The integrated safety valve protects against accidental overloading to protect the user while the rubber padded saddle offers increased protection to the vehicle itself. This jack features rear swivel wheels to allow for easier maneuvering and positioning even on rough surfaces. This model also features a foam covered handle for more comfort for the user.
- Foam covered handle for better user comfort
- Rear swivel wheels for easier positioning and maneuvering on rough surfaces
- Quick lifting hydraulic system to save time
- Rubber pad wears through quickly
- Handle is quite long when compared to some other models
With a minimum height of just 2.75″, this ultra-low service jack from Sunex is the perfect choice for all kinds of low riding height vehicles including exotic cars and sports cars.
With a maximum height of 24 inches, this lifting device is versatile enough to be used on SUVs and pick up trucks too, increasing its flexibility of use.
Thanks to the incorporated rapid rise technology, the dual pump pistons on this tool allow the user to quickly pump the vehicle to maximum height in just 6 1/2 pumps for reduced user fatigue, while its 18 inch throw is long enough to reach all lift points beneath the vehicle. The pump handle comes in two pieces for increased leverage, and this also makes the device easier to store in even the smallest of work spaces. This high quality lowrider service jack holds a maximum weight capacity of 2 tons and is ideal for use in a domestic garage.
- Ultra low height at just 2.75″ – ideal for use under sports cars and exotic vehicles
- Dual pump pistons to reach maximum height in just 6.5 pumps for less user fatigue
- 2 piece pump handle for convenient storage in small workshops
- Heavier than many other models
- Lift saddle is quite small
This low profile floor jack from JEGS Performance Products has been inspired by the lightweight pit jacks of the Sprint Cup. Made from high quality aluminum for a lightweight yet robust construction, this device boasts a top notch finish and fit.
Its 26.5″ chassis has a width of 14″ and it features caster style wheels to the rear together with fixed wheels to the front for increased maneuverability and positioning during use.
Thanks to the tapered side plates, this jack has an incredibly low profile making it ideal for use under a wide range of sports cars and exotic vehicles. This model also features a saddle that is padded by a rubber disc and this is rotatable through a full 360 degrees for extra flexibility.
This jack also features two side grip handles for even easier positioning as well as greater portability between jobs. It takes just 5 to 6 full handle strokes to achieve full lift with this jack, ensuring reduced user fatigue, and the hydraulic valve is easily closed and opened by simply twisting the two piece handle (which can be removed for easier storage in small places).
The lower part of the handle features padded to avoid damage being incurred to the vehicle during use. The upper part of the handle features a knurled grip to reduce the chance of accidental slippage.
- High quality fit and finish
- Lightweight aluminum construction for increased portability
- Raises to full lifting height in just 5 to 6 strokes for less user fatigue
- Can be tricky to assemble
- Quite heavy when compared to other models