- 2017 AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with PULSE 110v 220v
- TIG 200 Amp Dual Voltage Input Multifunction Welder Arc/MMA/Stick DC MODFET Welding Soldering
- 2017 Everlast PowerTIG 250EX AC DC TIG STICK Pulse welder 220 Volt Inverter-Based AC DC
- Hobart 500551 EZ TIG 165i 230-Volt Inverter-Based AC/DC Welder
- Longevity Tigweld 160sx 160-Amp AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with Digital Display, 110-volt 220-volt
TIG welding is a process which uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode which delivers a current to a welding arc while the weld puddle and tungsten are cooled and protected by an inert gas which is usually argon but it could also be a number of other inert gases.
Quite similar to oxy-acetylene welding, TIG welding is sometimes known as Heli-Arc welding and as it uses an inert gas it prevents oxidisation during the weld which stops any defects it produces a very clean and even weld which is desirable when performing aluminum or stainless steel welding.
This is the preferred method for carrying out dairy grade welding and it is also widely used in the automotive industry. TIG welding also offers another advantage in that the user has better visibility of the project in hand and so can achieve greater precision and accuracy.
The best TIG welder ought to produce flawless results which will hold together strongly for a professional finish. If you are looking for the best TIG welder for stainless steel, you may be finding it difficult to choose from the many products on the market today, so we have compiled a selection of the top five performing machines so that you can make an informed decision.
This powerful 200 amp TIG welder operates on both AC and DC and also features a stick function to give both hobby welders and professionals a greater range of welding opportunities.
Offering professional quality at an affordable price, this welder has power width modulation together with IGBT technology to give a long lasting and reliable power source.
Delivering high performance on both a 110 volt and 220 volt output, this product has a full range of pulse features as well as cleaning control for AC and these features add extra versatility to this TIG welder.
A high quality metal foot pedal is also provided to improve ease of use of the user. This machine is capable of producing a high quality weld on stainless steel and aluminum as well as precise welding of thin gauge materials.
- Power width modulation combined with IGBT technology gives the most reliable and long lasting power source in its class
- Delivers high performance at both 110 V and 220 V
- Operates on both AC and DC for extra versatility
- The foot pedal can be a little insecure
- User manual is not very clear
This powerful welder is ideal for welding up to 3/8 inch stainless steel as well as chrome, cast iron, copper, mild steel and alloy steel. A full size unit with a stick function, this model outperforms its competition on duty cycle, voltage control and arc quality as well as on value for money.
Optimized to produce a flawless weld, this TIG welder makes post weld cleanup virtually non-existant and with its dual voltage 115 volt and 230 volt input, it can easily be plugged into any power supply.
This unit has adopted cutting edge inverter technology for a more stable and concentrated arc, also allowing it to be used for multiple purposes including traditional electric welding. The DC stick can handle up to 1/8 inch electrodes while the DC TIG is enbaled by HF arc TIG technology. This set comes with both 115 V and 230 V input cables, a 10 foot 300A work cable, a 10 foot 300A clamp, a 12 foot electrode holder, a lead assembly, a brush and hammer, a 115 and a 230 voltage transfer plug and a torch.
- Full size unit with stick function for extra versatility
- Dual voltage input for extra convenience
- Cutting edge inverter technology for a more concentrated stable arc
- No foot pedal provided
- Best suited to smaller projects
Impressively portable and lightweight, the 2017 Everlast PowerTIG 250EX is a high quality TIG welder that is ideal for welding stainless steel as well as other metals.
With its IGBT Infineon Modules, this inverter type welder operates at 250 amps and at a 60% duty cycle and comes effectively protected by the manufacturer’s five year parts and labor warranty for complete peace of mind for the purchaser.
Able to deliver 1/2 weld on a single pass, this unit offers the benefit of stable and smooth arc characteristics together with industrial capabilities.
With its adjustable weld parameters, it is suitable for 2t/4t operation while its pulse function efficiently increases the weld quality while cutting the overall heat input. The ergonomically designed torch and accessories connect quickly and easily to allow a convenient, user friendly set up, and when it is connected to a clean power generator, it can be used anywhere. Its integrated digital readout enables the user to accurate set amperage controls while its color coded controls are simple to locate and to understand.
- Easy to read digital readout for more accurate setting of amperage controls
- Pulse function for better weld quality
- 5 year parts and labor warranty for peace of mind
- Sporadic performance of foot pedal at low amps
- Only comes with wet torch
The HOBART EZ-TIG 165i TIG Welder offers a complete 230 volt AC/DC welding package with a unique single knob control to make it the easiest and quickest TIG welder to use and set up. Its superior weld performance is available in both AC for aluminum and DC for stainless steel, chromoly and steel.
This unit is easy to set up by just plugging it into 230 VAC, connecting the shielding gas, selecting the thickness and material and getting started.
With its lightweight inverter based design it is easy to transport between job sites and it also includes 2 carrying handles to make its portability even better. This unit comes complete with its plug and primary cord attached as well as a 12.5 foot Legacy 17 Weldcraft TIG torch, a foot operated control using an RFCS-RJ45 remote foot control, a 12 foot work cable together with a clamp, a gas regulator/flow meter, a shielding gas hose and a user’s manual.
The interface only features a single knob and one switch for ease of use while the fan on demand feature ensures that the fan only runs when the unit is operating to reduce debris and dust being collected inside the unit.
- Fan On Demand feature to limit debris and dust inside the unit
- 2 carrying handles for better portability
- Single knob and one switch on the interface for ease of use
- Short power cord
- Leads are not detachable
This Tig welder from Longevity features high frequency start TIG and also incorporates a foot pedal for improved TIG welding control and easier user operation.
Capable of operating on both 110 volt and 220 volt systems, this unit can easily be used from a standard domestic power outlet, and it is also capable of welding 6013, 7018 and other stick welding electrodes.
Ideal for welding stainless steel, this versatile unit can also weld aluminum when in AC mode, which can be achieved by simply flipping a switch.
This is a user friendly unit that is suitable for use by both hobbyists and professionals. With excellent heat control, this is a very portable unit as it weighs just 37 pounds, meaning that it can easily be carried to around any job site or be used for welding on the go. For those in rural areas, this unit can even be plugged into a 5000 watt generator for extra versatility. This tool comes with everything required to get started with welding including a TIG torch, a stick handle, a ground clamp, plugs and a regulator.
- Compatible with both 110 volt and 220 volt systems as well as 5000 watt generators
- Can weld stainless steel in DC mode and aluminum in AC mode
- Portable unit weighing just 37 lbs
- Lift start function is difficult to use
- No instructions provided as to set up