- BLACK+DECKER LCS1240B 12-Inch Lithium Ion Chainsaw
- DEWALT DCCS690H1 40V 6AH Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw, 16″
- WORX WG303 16-Inch 3.5 HP 14.5 Amp Electric Chain Saw
- Remington RM5118R Rodeo 51cc 2-Cycle 18-Inch Gas Chainsaw
- Sun Joe SWJ698E 12-inch 9-Amp Electric Chain Saw
When you need to trim trees and tidy up your garden, a chainsaw is an essential tool to add to your home workshop. Much quicker and easier to use than a traditional handsaw, a modern chainsaw is able to make short work of the task, allowing the user to complete the task in a very short space of time. Although these handy tools have been around for almost a century, contemporary models are easy to start up and boast an impressive amount of power for a price that is affordable to those on even a low budget.
If you are looking for the best tree trimming chainsaw, you need to be certain that you are selecting a product that best fits your requirements. The model that you will require will depend on the amount of usage your chainsaw will receive and the amount of land that you will be expected to cover as well as the types of wood that you are likely to be cutting.
With both portable gas powered and corded electrically operated models on the market, you are sure to find one that fits the bill. Our reviews will help you to find out more about the best tree trimming chainsaw models available for purchase today so that you can make an informed decision.
This high-quality chainsaw is ideal for domestic use due to its small size. Requiring a 40V max lithium battery (which is sold separately), the Black& Decker LCS1240B features a 12 inch low kickback bar and chain allowing for fast and smooth cutting.
Thanks to the tool free chain tensioning system, it is possible to make rapid and simple adjustments to the chain without any hassle, while the lightweight design, at just 8.8 lbs, ensures easy operation as well as improved maneuverability without causing excessive user fatigue.
The wraparound bale handle offers excellent comfort and better control, and this model even offers an excellent automatic oiling system to ensure consistent levels of chain and bar lubrication with a window that enables the user to quickly gauge the oil level in the machine. As this chainsaw operates without the need to be plugged into an electrical outlet, it is very portable and can be used at distances from the home or workshop.
- Battery operated design ensures portability
- Lightweight design for better handling
- Automatic oiling system for constant convenient lubrication
- Tool free chain tensioning system
- Battery sold separately
- Small size means this model is unsuitable for heavy duty tasks
- Have to wait for unit to recharge before using again
With its powerful motor, the DEWALT 40V Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw is perfect for use in the completion of a range of construction and landscape tasks, including those within closed spaces.
With none of the hassle associated with a gas-powered model including unpleasant fumes and fuel spillages, this chainsaw is low maintenance and ensures a rapid start up while ensuring enough power to carry out 95 cuts and 7,500 RPM.
Featuring a 16 inch Oregon bar and chain, this model has low kickback for the user’s optimal safety and its LubriLink and LubriWell design offers automatic oiling for constant lubrication as well as a tool free tensioning system that ensures rapid and convenient adjustments.
With its smooth cutting system, this chainsaw ensures a longer chain life and rapid oil refills thanks to the quarter turn oil cap. It has also been designed with safety in mind thanks to the chain brake and variable speed trigger.
- Low maintenance
- Easy oil refills
- Excellent portability
- Automatic lubrication system
- Long chain life
- Excellent safety features
- Low kickback
- Requires frequent oil refills
- Best suited to casual trimming tasks – unsuited to heavy duty applications
Thanks to the convenient tool free and patented tensioning system, this electric chainsaw from Worx is very easy to use, being guarded against over-tightening. It has excellent safety features including an inbuilt safety brake which stops the chain in just a few seconds.
Robust, yet lightweight to use, this power tool is ideal for quickly executing jobs around the home and garden including trimming trees, clearing brush and cutting firewood.
It produces no unpleasant emissions and is inexpensive to operate when compared to a heavy-duty chainsaw powered by gas. Operated at a peak of 3.5 HP, this chainsaw comes fully assembled for the user’s ultimate convenience and the all-metal dogs found at the bar’s base ensures improved stability through the cutting procedure.
As this chainsaw is electrically powered, it also produces none of the problems associated with gas operated machines such as mixing fuels, difficult start ups and messy refills. Its automatic oiling system also provides a constant level of lubrication to the chain and bar. The rear handle features rubber over-molding as well as an ergonomically designed full wrap for the front handle for better operator control and improved comfort of use.
- Tool free tensioning system for longer lifespan
- Built in safety brake for extra user safety
- All metal dogs for improved stability
- No messy refills
- Automatic oiling system for better consistent lubrication
- Ergonomically designed handles for better comfort and control
- Some problems with oil leakage
- Not suited to very heavy duty applications
- Must be plugged into an electric socket so less portable than other models
This high-quality chainsaw from the popular, well-made Remington brand is powerful, and thanks to its 18″ bar and chain it can tackle a range of cutting tasks including chopping and trimming trees.
Its anti-vibration handles ensure optimal comfort of use while the QuickStart technology ensures that starting up the machine is a breeze.
The user is also assured of many years of excellent service thanks to the solidly constructed sprocket and crankcase, made to professional grade standards, and the durable die-cast chassis. The 18″ bar offers low kickback for the user’s safety while the electronic ignition system ensures a reliable start even in cold weather.
There is also an adjustable automatic oiling system to ensure an excellent, consistent level of lubrication. This model features large bucking spikes to allow better cutting control and the machine comes fully assembled out of the box for the ultimate in convenience. Purchasers are also protected by a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty for complete peace of mind.
- 2 year warranty for peace of mind
- Bucking spikes for better cutting control
- Automatic lubrication system
- Low kickback for better safety
- Suited to heavy duty tasks
- Anti-vibration handles for better comfort
- Gas powered means messy refills and higher maintenance costs
- Heavier to handle than many other products
If you are looking for a low cost electric chainsaw for light duty tree trimming that fits perfectly into any budget, the Sun Joe SWJ698E is the ideal choice. As it is electrically operated, it requires no ongoing gasoline costs and it is low maintenance with no messy refills or spillages.
Its 9 amp motor is powerful enough to maintain your yard with ease, with the capability to cut brush and branches measuring up to 9 inches in thickness.
It has also been designed with the user’s safety in mind thanks to the inbuilt safety switch which guards against accidental start ups. Weighing in at just over 10 pounds, this is a very maneuverable machine and is lightweight enough to be handled with ease by any user.
It is also protected by a two year manufacturer’s warranty for the purchaser’s complete peace of mind. This chainsaw also benefits from an automatic chain oiling system for improved and consistent lubrication and user convenience.
- Low cost yet powerful
- Lightweight to operate at just under 10 lbs
- 2 year warranty
- Automatic chain lubrication system
- Low maintenance
- Requires an electrical outlet and therefore cannot be used far from the home or workshop
- Light-duty usage only