- Servore Auto Shade Darkening Welding Goggle Arc-513 + Arc513 Shield World’s First Tig
- Save Phace 3012145 Marvel Comics Venom Gen Y Series Welding Helmet
- 3M Speedglas Black Welding Helmet 100 with Auto-Darkening Filter 100V- Shades 8-12, Model 07-0012-31BL
- Jackson Safety Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- Hobart 770754 Impact Agent Orange Variable Auto-Dark Helmet
Whatever type of welding you are planning on carrying out – whether it be TIG, MIG or stick welding – you need to make sure that you are well protected. Welding can be a dangerous pastime for both DIYers and professionals alike, and therefore suitable safety gear is key to the user’s wellbeing.
It is especially important to protect the face and eyes from potential burns or damage from flashing and therefore anyone who undertakes any type of welding activity must wear an appropriate welding helmet in order to guarantee their safety. While some welding helmets can be extremely expensive, there are plenty of excellent options available for purchase on the market today that won’t break the bank.
If you are on a budget, but still want to be safe when carrying out welding on your project, you will find that there are lots of models that come in at under $200 but which still offer optimal protection.
If you are looking for the best welding helmet under $200, we have compiled a selection of the top performing five helmets available for purchase today so that you can compare their features and make an informed choice about which is the right one to meet your individual requirements.
This welding helmet is an affordable and good value choice with shade levels that can be adjusted to 5 different levels from #5 to #13 to suit different types of welding projects. Not only can this helmet be used for welding but it can also be used for grinding too for greater flexibility.
The ARC-513 goggles which are included with this product are the first auto-darkening goggles which have been designed for welders by other welders so you can be sure that they have been optimally designed. With a design that is based on ergonomics and careful research, they have a comfortable and light fit that is suitable for even extended use.
This product also boasts other cutting edge features including a heat resistant frame, shock absorbance, a self-adjusting silicon skirt as well as an eye-breathe air venting system which reduces mist and improves optical comfort. The lens has been hard coated for increased protection from dust, dirt and spatter as well as for increased durability. There is also a low battery warning so the user is aware when to change the batteries as well as an automatic switch off function to save on battery life.
- Automatic switch off function
- Hard coated lens for better protection and durability
- 5 adjustable levels to suit different welding projects
- Not suitable for overhead stick welding
- Sensitivity requires frequent adjustments
This welding helmet from SAve Phace is the first welding helmet in the world to feature an adjustable ADF which has been integrated in to a 180 degree lens design.
Offering ear to ear vision, it is easier than ever to achieve accuracy in torch placement for reduced need for grinding and reworking. This helmet features a huge 23 square inch viewing area, which is the second biggest in the world.
Also as the entire product only weighs under 24 ounces it is lightweight and comfortable to wear even for extended periods – in fact this product is marketed as the world’s lightest welding helmet. A stand-out feature of this product is its cool Marvel Comics Purple Tongue Monster graphics which make this a particular exciting helmet to wear. It also incorporates an auto darkening filter for better eye protection against flashing with shades 4/9 – 13 being integrated into a fixed shade 10 welding lens for optimal convenience.
- Eye catching Marvel Comics decal design
- 180 degree lens design with ear to ear vision
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear at just 24 ounces
- Head band does not tighten very effectively
- Decals can chip easily
3M Speedglas Black Welding Helmet 100 with Auto-Darkening Filter 100V- Shades 8-12, Model 07-0012-31BL
The 3M Speedglas welding helmet is convenient to use and comes fully assembled and ready for use straight out of the box. Its auto darkening filter offers instant operation and will immediately darken when the welding arc has been detected for optimal eye protection.
Thanks to its three different sensitivity settings, it is also suitable for use on the majority of welding applications, and its high optical quality ensures that the wearer enjoys the best possible view of their work surface for more accurate torch placement. The helmet comes complete with a toolbox label as well as a welding beanie for extra value for money.
Suitable for use in stick, TIG and MIG welding, there are several dark shades to choose from #8 to #12, making this the ideal helmet for use in all kinds of repair and maintenance operations. The large viewing area measures 1.83″ x 3.66″ ensuring an excellent view of the project at hand and reduced downtime for reworking and grinding.
- Large viewing area measuring 1.83″ x 3.66″
- Ready to use straight out of the box
- Several dark shades to choose from to suit a range of applications
- Only uses proprietary replacement lenses which can prove expensive
- Only 2 optical sensors instead of the 4 offered on some other models
The high quality lens of the Jackson Safety auto darkening welding helmet offers variable shades from 9 to 13 to suit all kinds of welding applications. It also features a wide viewing area of 2.36″ x 3.93″ to ensure optimal accuracy and reduced downtime for reworks and grinding.
This helmet also features adjustable delay and sensitivity for greater flexibility of use as well as four independent auto dimming sensors and simple to operate digital controls for a better wearer experience.
This helmet is suitable for grinding, MIG welding, TIG welding and Arc welding, making it excellent value for money and it is also compliant with minimum safety standards for the purchaser’s peace of mind. Made by a high quality manufacturer, this affordable welding helmet is a great choice for all kinds of welders.
- Variable shades from 9 up to 13 to suit a range of applications
- Wide viewing area for optimal accuracy
- 4 independent dimming sensors and simple to use digital controls
- May slide forward during wear
- Filter only goes down to shade 9 unlike some competitors
This auto-darkening helmet from Hobart has a 1/25000 second reaction time ensuring the best possible protection for the wearer’s eyes and face. With its variable shades between 8 and 13, it is suitable for use with a range of different welding projects while its 7.05 square inch viewing area ensures an excellent view of the work surface for even better accuracy.
Made from durable polyamide for a longer lifespan, this helmet is lightweight and comfortable to wear, even for extended periods and its 3 arc sensors ensure effective arc detection for better productivity.
Ideal for use by hobbyists and light fabricators, this helmet has been designed with quality in mind and combines great value with excellent style, featuring the most up to date LCD lens technology to ensure the best possible eye protection in its class. This helmet comes complete with ultra comfortable ratcheting head gear, extra protective lenses and an owner’s manual.
- Variable shades between 8 and 13 to ensure suitability for use with a range of welding projects
- Uses up to date LCD lens technology for the best possible eye protection
- Made from durable polyamide for a long lifespan and a lightweight construction
- Battery has a short lifespan and requires regular replacement or recharging
- Heavier than some of its competitors